Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hurricane Irene Project


Critical Thinking

1-What effects does water temperature have on the creation a hurricane? 
The evaporation from the water in the sea and the heat in the warm ocean increases the power of hurricane.

2-Why would there be more damage to an area during high tide? 
Tides are the regular rising and falling of the sea level. So when tides hit a close area to the sea this causes damage and saturation to this area than the area far from the sea.

3-If an area is fully saturated, how will this be more dangerous for an area?
During the Hurricane the wet gardens and trees are easier to be broken, which will effect negatively on environment, and also when the area is saturated and it’s raining, then flooding will happen.

4-Why would there be more flooding if the ground was fully saturated?
Because there is no place for water to go to, and the water table is then above the grass so Flooding happens more.



Reflection

1-What is something that you liked about this Mini-Project? 
I liked that I learnt new strategies to learn and memorize new words, such as underling vocabulary words. I also liked the way we presented our project because it gave me information about other topics.

2-What was difficult for you on this project? 
The new words that I didn't know about before, and there were some words that confused me about their definition.
3-What would you change about your work on this project? 
I would give more time to present because some people were presenting so fast. 
Do more research so I can understand better.

4-How did this project help you learn about Hurricane Irene?
Before I didn't know what a storm is or how does the hurricane form, but by working on this project I learnt all those things, and I also learned the different parts of hurricane.

                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment